Thursday, October 28, 2010

An email from the Father, October 27, 2010

Dadster said:

I swear this is true because it just happened.

I am working in St. Louis this week. Objective observation: St. Louis is a communist country, evidenced by its proclivity to offer Pepsi products in virtually every establishment where carbonated beverages are sold. Truly, I’m a stranger in an unfriendly land.

So when I get back to the hotel tonight I decide to walk over to a nearby McDonalds, where I know I’ll be able to find a Diet Coke fresh from the tap. (McDonalds does not rank very high on the scale of quality Diet Coke, but that’s a story for another day). I walk to the counter to place my order and I can’t help but notice the name tag of the young lady who happily serves me—Tunisia. Clearly, her parents excelled in geography.



Errn's response:


oh my. that is just beautiful.
countries.... that just opens up a whole nother bag of baby names i never even thought of before.
want to know what the new name of your first granddaughter by me will be?
I'm thinking, either Malaysia, Sierra Leone, or maybe Zamibia.



His response:


I like cities. For example:

Zimbabwe

Nairobi

Albuquerque

Omaha

Dubuque (spelled, of course, D’buque)

The list goes on.

No comments: